The Mastretta MXT is a high-performance 2 seat sports car, engineered to deliver outstanding performance through mechanical excellence. Every system, every component was engineered to make the driving experience an absolute thrill.
The Mastretta MXT is presented as the first high-performance sports car from Mastretta Cars, the new automotive manufacturer based in the city of Toluca, Mexico. The MXT is Mastretta’s answer to the lightweight sports car market, offering a highly advanced vehicle with aggressive design and outstanding driving dynamics, while simultaneously responding to more environmentally conscious times by achieving a high level of efficiency.
Overall, the MXT has a very compact appearance. It sits low and broad on the road. From every angle the proportions of the car have a great balance. The main lines were influenced by features that define the modern high-performance vehicle: low height, two seats and a mid-engine configuration; creating the ideal layout for optimal handling response and stability. Proportions of the wheelbase, width, minimal overhangs, and height give the Mastretta MXT a stunning presence, while simultaneously suggesting lightness and speed.
Despite the vehicle’s small dimensions, the interior is spacious enough to comfortably seat adults of up to 6’3" (1.90m). Bespoke carbon fiber seats trimmed in leather were developed to provide maximum support for the driver under high g-force generated by the Mastretta MXT when cornering, accelerating and braking. The flat-bottomed steering wheel, covered in suede, has a diameter of only 320mm, a size that facilitates quick turn-in. The aluminium pedals are positioned to allow precision footwork, with the throttle located slightly in front of the brake pedal to facilitate the heel-and-toe technique.
The turbocharged 2.0 litre four cylinder engine is located behind the cockpit and in front of the rear wheels with a transaxle configuration, connected to a five-speed manual gearbox.
From the construction of the aluminium chassis to the delicate finish of the composite body, Mastretta employs high quality manufacturing techniques that transform concept into reality.
Built from specially designed aluminium extrusions and carbon fiber, the bespoke chassis of the MXT was engineered to provide high rigidity and low weight. The suspension of the Mastretta MXT perfectly complements the potential of the lightweight semi-monocoque and powerful engine, which results in outstanding levels of lateral grip and traction. The car corners flat and stable.
The Mastretta MXT is all about performance. Advanced engineering, lightweight materials and a powerful engine act together to achieve the superb dynamics of the MXT. Steeped in the principles of modern racing technology, the MXT does not include driver aids or electronic assists that dull the driving experience.
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- TYPE: Two-door, two-seat, mid engine coupe.
- Length/Width/Height: 3,900/1,750/1,170 mm
- Wheelbase: 2,415 mm
- Track front/rear: 1,415/1,450 mm
- Ground clearance: 150 mm
- Fuel capacity: 40 liters
- Empty weight: 980 Kg
- Curb weight: 1050 Kg
- Maximum weight: 1,250 Kg
- Weight distribution: 44/56 %
- Trunk volume: 82 Liters
- Construction: Semi-monocoque made with 6000 series aluminium extrusions and sheets, with structural carbon fiber floor, bonded with aerospace adhesive and rivets. Steel subassembly for the engine, chromoly roll cage and aluminium flat floor.
- Steering: rack & pinion
- Steering ratio: 15:1
- Turns lock-to-lock: 2.8
- Turning circle: 12 meters
- Suspension front: double wishbones, anti-roll bar
- Suspension rear: double wishbones
- Elastic element: coil springs
- Shock absorbers: monotube, pressurized gas
- Brakes: ventilated and perforated discs, 300 x 22 mm front and rear
- Brake calipers: machined aluminium, 4 pistons front and rear
- Location/alignment: mid transverse
- Cylinders: 4 In-line
- Block/head: aluminium/aluminium
- Type: DOHC, 16 valves
- Fuel system: EFI with turbo compressor and intercooler
- Displacement: 1,998 cc
- Bore x stroke: 87.5 x 83.1 mm
- Compression: 10:1
- Maximum power: 186 kW/250 hp @ 5,200 rpm
- Maximum torque: 339 Nm/250 lb-ft @ 3,950 rpm
- Type: 5 speed manual
- Traction: RWD
- Clutch: Single disc, dry
- Final drive ratio: 4.067:1
TIRES AND WHEELS
- Power to weight ratio: 3.92 kg/hp
- Specific output: 125 hp/litre
- Maximum lateral acceleration: 1.1 G
- Maximum speed: 260 Km/h
- Wheels: One-piece cast steel, 17 x 7.5 front and rear
- Front tires: 205/45 ZR17 88W
- Rear tires: 235/45 ZR17 88W
- Frontal aluminium and steel crashbox
- Three point seat belts
- Side protection bars
- Chromoly roll cage
Labels: 2013, Mexican, Sportscars